Sabtu, 21 November 2009

reflection/satriadijaya/MIDterm/3

Who am I as a learner?

People in the world have different genetics that influence the learning styles. On the other hand, human being has the family up bringing that also influence that. That is way, it is important for each to know and understand it to increase the learning ability efficiently.
Based on the theory of Georgi Lezanov about learning styles, there are 3 learning styles that explain the way of people learning. Those are visual, auditory and kinesthetic style. He said that each learning style has its own characteristics.
Visual style is the learning style that also involves the use of seen or observed things, including drawings, diagrams, demonstrations, displays, films, flip-charts, etc. For visual people, the good learning method is to look directly into the object associated with it or drawing everything on the paper. Auditory learning style involves the transfer of information through listening like to the spoken word, of self or others, of sounds and noises. The characteristics of auditory people are learning with listening and reading with loud voice. Kinesthetic learning style involves physical experience like touching, feeling, holding, doing, and practical hands. The characteristic of kinesthetic people are touching the people to get their attention and learning through practice.
For me, my learning style is kinesthetic style. It is considered by my experiences. I can not study if my fingers or my foot do not move. I also can remember the lessons much more quickly if a part of my body moves like knocking may nails on the table. I can not sit calmly for several hours. Kinesthetic learning style is not the only one that can help me study well. Sometimes, I can study with auditory and visual style. Because I think, I can adapt with environment and my friends learning styles.


Name : Satria Dijaya
NIM : 2009120034
English

1 komentar: